Sunday, November 12, 2006

Test To Destruction



Yup, I've been talking about it for a while - but the long awaited "Test to Destruction" of a Generation 2 medieval Sword is finally up and live on my site!

Basically, the plan was to take a Generation 2 sword (in this case, the Maximilian Sword) and bash it against a variety of hard targets guaranteed to cause damage until it failed. The reason I was to do this was to test how the sword held up to progessively more abusive targets - and as you can see from the results, it held up so well that it was proving almost impossible to destroy using the mediums I selected (e.g. a bar of steel, cinderblock, bricks a tree trunk and more).

Click here for the step by step destruction, vids and all the 'gory' details

In other SBG news (there's that TV reporter voice again!) I've also updated the Sword Buyers Directory with a few 'meet your vendor' links to previous SBG interviews I conducted in the Sword Buyers Digest

Check them out if you haven't already. This is a concept I will be expanding over the coming months so instead of buying swords from faceless websites, you'll get a chance to see what they are about and what kind of people you are dealing with before you hand over your hard earned.

It's not foolproof, but I am only giving this opportunity to already proven and reliable vendors, so should be interesting to see where it ends up.

Anyway, gonna answer a few visitors emails and then unwind with a couple of games of Samurai Showdown! ;-) See ya all next post!

Paul

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home